Cory B. Edwards, DMD, MS
Dr. Cory B. Edwards is a native of the Birmingham area. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Alabama and earned his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the University of Alabama School of Dentistry. He then completed a one-year general practice residency at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Birmingham prior to beginning his orthodontic training at the University of Iowa, w
here he earned his Master of Science degree and his Certificate in Orthodontics.
Dr. Edwards is a Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, and is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the Southern Association of Orthodontists, and the Birmingham District Dental Society.
Dr. Edwards resides in Shelby County with his wife Kelly and their two children, Owen and Abby. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, working in the yard, traveling, golfing, and almost any other outdoor activity.
Why is it important to see a Board Certified Orthodontist?
1. A Board Certified Orthodontist will have their orthodontic cases reviewed by an expert panel of other Board Certified Orthodontists.
2. A Board Certified Orthodontist will pass all written, oral, and clinical examinations necessary to become a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics.
3. A Board Certified Orthodontist is the highest level of academic achievement an Orthodontist can obtain.
4. In addition to these examinations, they must submit case studies of patients they have treated with great perfection.
5. The entire certification process will usually take anywhere from 5 to 10 years.